In today's Good Men Great Dads Podcast episode we talk anger and emotions with Vince Anila. Vince is a husband and father, the Executive Director of Still Point Zen Buddhist Temple, and a certified psychotherapist. Vince explains why we get angry, provides some techniques to calm yourself, and how to guide your children away from anger.
- The anatomy of a discussion
- You are not your brain
- Why asking for help may be the most masculine thing you can do
- Why we need a "fight or flight" response
- Is there a threat here?
- Emotional deregulation
- Allowing children to experience a full range of emotions
- Removing yourself from the situation
- Why bars are set up the way they are
- Using the "square" or "tactical" breathing technique
For more information on Vince Anila or the Still Point Zen Buddhist Temple find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stillpointzenbuddhisttemple/